Updated March 26, 2020
At Photon Control, we recognize the severity of the COVID-19 virus outbreak and we have been closely monitoring and responding to the situation in both our Canada and US operations. Our foremost concern is the safety of our employees, their families, and our business partners, and our leadership team is meeting daily to assess and appropriately respond to the crisis as it evolves.
Many of our customers have expressed their concern related to potential disruption to their businesses. Please be assured that we remain fully operational and continue to operate in accordance with guidance from our local government and public health authorities. We would like to outline some of the steps we have taken to reduce the risk of potential transmission while maintaining the capacity of our operations.
- The Richmond factory is closed to all external visitors
- Remote work is mandated for all technical and support employees to focus on critical business activities
- Production employees in the Richmond facility are diligently practicing social distancing protocols ensuring a minimum distance of 2 metres
- Production employee lunch and break hours have been staggered to avoid cross-contamination
- All high-contact surfaces, facilities and common areas are sanitized regularly
- Measures put in place for self-isolation for any employees that get impacted by the virus or other health issues
In addition to these measures, we are actively assessing the health of our employees and changes to our supply chain to determine the impact on future capacity and demand from our customers. We commit to inform our customers regularly of any changes as we understand the situation is highly dynamic.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this time to ensure the health and safety of Photon Control and our partners. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our team or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.